Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot Jobless Recovery Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company
1280 North McDowell Boulevard
Petaluma, CA 94954

I was up in Hollywood a while back and had the opportunity to check out this little gastro pub called BoHo , they have a great craft beer selection and this is one of the beers they had on the list. Unfortunately they were all out of this beer when we got there (my wife really wanted to try it), so when I saw it at my local market I picked up a bottle.

I love the full title of this beer, especially the "Jobless Recovery" part. I also like the quote selection on the side, a mix of Grapes of Wrath, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, and Casablanca. They mesh nicely with the title of the beer...

You can click on the pictures for a much larger version.
 Jobless Recovery Ale (7.85% ABV)

Appearance:
Pours a nice rich dark amber. Perfectly clear with a light brownish cream colored head. Light even lacing.

Smell:
As the title says "Malty"! Huge malty aroma here. A bit of herbaciousness (did I just make up a new word..?) comes through as well.

Taste:
Rich, matly sweetness up front with a little bit of bitterness on the back end that lingers. Caramel. Herbal. A well balanced flavor profile.

Mouthfeel:
Full-bodied. Perfect amount of carbonation not too bright not too flat. Creamy finish with a small hint of warmth.

Overall:
Wow. I really must say this beer is impressive. One of the more well balanced beers that I have had the opportunity to taste. Many times when I smell that much malt, the beer tends to be unbalanced to the sweet side. As long as this beer is available, I will be grabbing a bottle or two when I see it. I highly suggest trying this beer if you get the opportunity.

Also, if you are in the Hollywood area, check out BoHo. I highly recommend their Sliders. (No, I don't work there and I didn't get anything for free...I just like supporting cool places with great beer and food!)

No comments:

Post a Comment