Saturday, May 5, 2012

San Diego Beer Review: Mission Brewery Amber Ale

Mission Brewery
1441 L Street

San Diego Ca 92101

After the first two Mission brews I tried were very good, I thought I would check out another one. You can check out those previous reviews here: Double IPA and here: IPA .

Amber Ale (5% ABV)









Appearance:
Pours clear amber with a large 3cm cream colored head. Nice even lacing with medium to large bubbles.

Smell:
Heavy malty sweetness with a definite underlying wheat bread aroma.

Taste:
Fairly bitter for an amber. Roasted malts. Caramel. A definite breadiness here as well. A very flavorful combination.

Mouthfeel:
Full bodied with a very lingering bitterness.

Overall:
This beer was a bit more bitter and full bodied than I was expecting. It has a very strong flavor that I usually associate with a beer with higher alcohol content.

No comments:

Post a Comment