Friday, April 6, 2012

Lagunitas IPA

Lagunitas Brewing Company
1280 North McDowell Boulevard 
Petaluma, CA 94954

Lagunitas has become one of my favorite breweries over the past couple of years. I have been impressed with all of their beers that I have had the opportunity to consume.

The first beer from Lagunitas that I will review is their basic IPA.




IPA (6.9% ABV)



Appearance:
Pours super clear with a nice caramel color. Nice 1cm head on first pour. Very light lacing.  Small bubbles. Agitation will reform head of 3mm
 
Smell:
Flowery, hints of melon and honeysuckle. Resin
 
Taste: 
Bright and bitter up front. Slightly sour with a smooth finish. Bitter aftertaste.

Mouthfeel:
Medium bodied and astringent.

Overall:
This beer is a clean easily drinkable IPA.  I would easily recommend this beer as a nice thirst quencher on a hot summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment